Part 1: Acids and Alkali
- The pH scale runs from pH1 to what number?
- Universal indicator is added to a liquid. What will it do to show the pH? Change colour, bubble or separate the liquid?
- Is bleach an acid, neutral or an alkali?
- What colour is universal indicator in a strong alkali?
- What colour is universal indicator in a strong acid?
- What is the name of the acid that we have in our stomach?
- What is a pH number that indicates a neutral substance?
- A liquid has a pH of 8, does that mean its an acid, alkaline or neutral?
- What acid could be used to make ammonium nitrate (a type of fertiliser)?
- What is the name of the salt made from nitric acid and potassium hydroxide?
Part 2: The Periodic Table
- Who developed an early periodic table?
- What does the vertical columns show in the periodic table?
- Which of these is an element in group 2? Sodium, Aluminium or Calcium?
- Where are the metals found in the periodic table? On the left, right or scattered all over?
- What is the symbol for sodium?
- What is the symbol for potassium?
- What is the element with the symbol Au?
- Is water an element or a compound?
- What element is also the same name as one of the planets?
- What element is the name of an American 5 cent coin?