Aims of Forest Oak
Parents, staff and pupils have contributed to the formulation of our aims.
AIMS FOR THE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT:
- To provide a positive, nurturing, secure and fun learning environment in a culture of high expectation.
- To provide a broad, balanced and enriched curriculum, differentiated to enable each pupil to achieve beyond expectation.
- To work with wide ranging partnerships, and especially parents, in order to maximise each pupil’s opportunities for success.
AIMS FOR OUR PUPILS:
- To become self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible lifelong learners.
- To know themselves as learners, setting their own short-term targets and lifetime goals.
- To learn to respect other people regardless of difference.
- To develop the personal skills, knowledge and understanding to prepare them for living in a diverse multi-cultural, multi faith society.
- To develop confidence and self-esteem, together with a self-awareness, which enables them to recognise their own strengths as well as the personal qualities or skills they need to develop further.
- To develop the ability to recognise, articulate and manage their own emotions in appropriate ways.
- To develop inter-personal skills including empathy for others; the ability to work as part of a diverse team; an inclination to build up the self-esteem of others, as well as the ability to resolve conflict peacefully.
- To develop morally and value honesty; to develop spiritually and become reflective, creative individuals.
- To develop into confident, independent young people, able to make positive life choices; to build and sustain positive relationships and take an active role in the local and wider community through work and leisure.