Skip to content ↓

Local Offer

Please see our tabs to the right to find out more related to Forest Oak.

What is a 'local offer'.

The new law says that every local authority must talk with children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities and their families to find out what sort of support and services they need.

There will be many different types of services that children and young people may need, including support services in school and specialist health services.

Children, young people and their families may also have ideas about what leisure activities should be available, and what services are needed to help young people move towards independence in adulthood.

Every local authority must have a Local Offer that is available on the internet and must make sure that people without access to the internet can also see it. The local authority must tell children and young people and their families how they can find out more about the Local Offer.

The local authority will then decide what services to make available. Every local authority must get feedback on its Local Offer from young people and their families. They must show what feedback they have been given and say how they are going to make improvements to the Local Offer and services.

A Local Offer should also include information about what transport services are available for children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities and if there is any help available to pay for these services.


What support is available for schools and parents in Solihull?

We are proud of all our children and young people in Solihull. While most do well, we know that that some need more support than others or help to get ready for their future life. For these children and young people we deliver a range of services that are committed to working in a way which helps them have the best life possible.

Information about applying for a school place, finding a school, school meals, getting to school, and finding help if your child needs support at school can be found on the Schools and learning webpage.

Information on childcare, activities, and support services can be found on the Children and Family Support page. From here it is possible to apply for early education funding, view information on parenting services, report a child at risk and find out how to become a foster carer.

Details of places to go and things to do in your local community is available via My Solihull Map